top of page

Mini Dragon Group (ages 6-7)

Public·15 members
Vladimir Lukin
Vladimir Lukin

Program Zoner Photo Studio

Version 12 introduced the program's division into modules: Manager, Viewer, Editor, and raw module, to increase the ease of working simultaneous with photo management,editing, etc. It added a default charcoal gray interface, intended to ease photo viewing.

Program Zoner Photo Studio

Zoner Photo Studio X is a powerful photo editing program, allowing you to do everything from basic exposure adjustments to advanced color grading and removal of objects. From layers and masks to effects and presets, Photo Studio X can handle pretty much every operation a photographer might need. However, the program is PC-exclusive, so Mac users are out of luck, at least for the moment.

Finally, the Create tab will likely thrill any photography studio; there are a lot of great options here, all fairly easy to use. Many are great for printing products for clients or as gifts, and the inclusion of a simple video editor is quite nifty. I quite enjoyed the Collage tab, which packed a very easy drag-and-drop interface.

As for other comparable programs, Exposure X6 comes to mind. Exposure X6 is a mighty photo editing program with many of the same types of functionalities and purposes, though the interface and layout is vastly different from Zoner Photo Studio X.

Computer programming and digital photography enthusiast. Makes programs over the last 20 years. Interested in product design, UX, images processing and digital arts. Works for Lunarship Software and improves Phototheca every day.

Though it's not as familiar a name as Adobe, Zoner has been developing photo editing software for nearly as long, since 1993. The company's Zoner Photo Studio X is a full photo workflow and image editing program, meaning it can stand in for both Lightroom and Photoshop. The program boasts a tabbed interface and decent output options. You also get online storage and shareable galleries for your subscription price. For those who want to combine Lightroom workflow and Photoshop layer editing in a single, less-expensive program, it's a viable option, but it's not as state-of-the-art as either of those Adobe products.

The first-run wizard takes you through the program's interface, which I discuss next. Without prompting, the program shows your photos from the Photos folder. On startup, the program shows a notification box linking to "Your Photo Inspiration for the week," updates, and other messages.

As noted, Zoner occasionally doesn't feel as instantly responsive as some other photo applications, especially in loading raw files and performing advanced edits, but its import speed is as good as any other photo app. Interestingly, the program includes a photo benchmark to evaluate your PC's nimbleness at working with photos. I tested import speed with 200 raw images (a total of 6GB) from a Canon 80D. My test computer was a Windows 10 PC with 16GB DDR4 RAM, a 3.4GHz Intel Core i7-6700 CPU, and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 discrete graphics card. I imported from a Class 4 SDHC card to a fast SSD on the PC.

Zoner's Print tab offers drag-and-drop templates for photo books, calendars, canvas prints, collages, standard photo prints, magnets, and contact sheets. Layout options are strong. With the Book tool, you can flow all the pictures in at once and perform Develop edits while working on your book. From within the program, you can order photo books, calendars, standard prints, and canvas prints. One cool option is to have a service print and even mail your postcards for you!

Uploading to Zonerama from within the program could be more straightforward. As it is, you have to choose Publish > Upload to Zonerama, and then, in a split window, drag the local images onto the Zonerama area. One your gallery's on Zonerama, sharing to Facebook or Twitter (but not Instagram) is a one-click operation. The latest update (similar to a capability that just landed in Apple iCloud Photos) lets you create shared galleries on Zonerama, where everyone is invited to the party of contributing (but not editing) photos.

For about half the subscription price of Lightroom, Zoner Photo Studio X gets you a wealth of editing tools and effects, online storage and galleries, and good output options. The interface is usable and well-designed, if occasionally cluttered. Its layer support and Liquefy tools mean that you could use it to replace both Lightroom and Photoshop. Though import is fast, program operations, though improved, are still sometimes slower than in the competition. Stability has greatly improved as well, with no crashes experienced this time around. If a low-cost, one-stop department store for photo editing appeals to you, give Zoner a try. Our Editors' Choice for pro photo workflow, however, remains Adobe Lightroom Classic, and for the fullest range of creative image editing possibilities, it's Adobe Photoshop.

Though it's not as familiar a name as Adobe, Zoner has been developing\u00a0photo editing software\u00a0for nearly as long, since 1993. The company's Zoner Photo Studio X is a full photo workflow and image editing program, meaning it can stand in for both Lightroom and Photoshop. The program boasts a tabbed interface and decent output options. You also get online storage and shareable galleries for your subscription price. For those who want to combine Lightroom workflow and Photoshop layer editing in a single, less-expensive program, it's a viable option, but it's not as state-of-the-art as either of those Adobe products.

The first-run wizard takes you through the program's interface, which I discuss next. Without prompting, the program shows your photos from the Photos folder. On startup, the program shows a notification box linking to \"Your Photo Inspiration for the week,\" updates, and other messages.

Zoner's interface is visually pleasing and flexible, and it has an efficient layout for organizing and editing photos\u2014though tabs and layers can make it more complex than programs like Lightroom and Skylum Luminar. The tabbed interface bears a resemblance to a web browser. As with other photo apps, Zoner by default has a dark gray interface, letting your photos take center stage. You can change it to darker or lighter looks. The left panel gives access to source material, be it on your hard drive, in your Zoner catalog, on a smartphone, on Facebook, or on\u00a0OneDrive. I appreciate that you can hide this panel with one click on a triangle icon, as you can in Lightroom Classic.

As noted, Zoner occasionally doesn't feel as instantly responsive as some other photo applications, especially in loading raw files and performing advanced edits, but its import speed is as good as any other photo app. Interestingly, the program includes a photo benchmark to evaluate your PC's nimbleness at working with photos. I tested import speed with 200 raw images (a total of 6GB) from a Canon 80D. My test computer was a\u00a0Windows 10 PC with 16GB DDR4 RAM, a 3.4GHz Intel Core i7-6700 CPU, and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 discrete graphics card. I imported from a Class 4 SDHC card to a fast SSD on the PC.

Zoner offers two cloud services, Zoner Photo Cloud, which is simple online photo storage, and Zonerama, an online gallery. Every user of the software gets 20GB online storage, which you access within the program as another folder in the left-side Navigator pane. Zonerama is similar to Flickr, in that you can discover other photographers' work as well as showcase your own. You get a URL in the form\u00a0yourname.zonerama.com with named subfolders, and the site can play slideshows\u2014including in full-screen. The presentation isn't quite as slick as Adobe Portfolio, but that requires a $9.99-per-month Lightroom subscription.

For about half the subscription price of Lightroom, Zoner Photo Studio X gets you a wealth of editing tools and effects, online storage and galleries, and good output options. The interface is usable and well-designed, if occasionally cluttered. Its layer support and Liquefy tools mean that you could use it to replace both Lightroom and Photoshop. Though import is fast, program operations, though improved, are still sometimes slower than in the competition. Stability has greatly improved as well, with no crashes experienced this time around. If a low-cost, one-stop department store for photo editing appeals to you, give Zoner a try. Our Editors' Choice for pro photo workflow, however, remains Adobe Lightroom Classic, and for the fullest range of creative image editing possibilities, it's Adobe Photoshop.\u00a0

There are also some more advanced options such as morphing, panorama creation, and a fair variety of effect filters. As well as editing, the program offers photo management and sharing functionality, including keywording, rating, and filtering by variables including EXIF info and GPS data. Zoner Photo Studio 14 Free