top of page

Mini Dragon Group (ages 6-7)

Public·15 members
Vladimir Lukin
Vladimir Lukin

Only Human |WORK|

We exist to do more good so that together we can make the world a better place. Join our community, spread a positive message, and give back. We donate 10% of company net profits to amazing non-profits across the globe. We are only human.

Only Human

"Only Human" is a reggae-pop song[6][7] featuring an '80s tropical groove[8] and lasts for three minutes and three seconds.[3] Its production includes "twinkling keys", "groovy bass line", brass and percussive cadences.[9][10] In terms of musical notation, the song is composed in 44 time and the key of D minor at moderately slow tempo varying between 92 and 96 beats per minute. The band's vocals span a range of G4 to D6.[11] Lyrically, the song is about the "only human" instinct to "having harmless fun": "It's only human, you know that it's real / So why would you fight or try to deny the way that you feel?", urging the listeners to stop thinking about anything else and just dance.[12][7][9]

Tired of the Autobots interfering with his operations, Drath contacts the mysterious Old Snake, who apparently ran some kind of terrorist organization in the past. Drath purchases Old Snake's assistance and technology, setting up a laboratory at his home. Lured to the laboratory, Rodimus, Ultra Magnus, Arcee and Springer are trapped and their minds transferred into newly created synthoid human bodies. While the human Autobots are taken away to be disposed at the junk yard, Snake suggests that Drath can make use of the Autobots' former robot bodies.

"Snake pointed out to me a problem with eliminating only the four of you...namely, an entire city of Autobots who might be tempted to vengeance. I believe in solutions, not problems. You can watch the destruction of Metroplex before you die."

Christianity Today 2023 Book Award (Theology - Popular)Southwestern Journal of Theology 2022 Book of the Year Award (Applied Theology/Ethics)Work. Family. Church. Exercise. Sleep.The list of demands on our time seems to be never ending. It can leave you feeling a little guilty--like you should always be doing one more thing.Rather than sharing better time-management tips to squeeze more hours out of the day, Kelly Kapic takes a different approach in You're Only Human. He offers a better way to make peace with the fact that God didn't create us to do it all.Kapic explores the theology behind seeing our human limitations as a gift rather than a deficiency. He lays out a path to holistic living with healthy self-understanding, life-giving relationships, and meaningful contributions to the world. He frees us from confusing our limitations with sin and instead invites us to rest in the joy and relief of knowing that God can use our limitations to foster freedom, joy, growth, and community.Readers will emerge better equipped to cultivate a life that fosters gratitude, rest, and faithful service to God.ContentsPart 1: Particularity and Limits1. Have I Done Enough? Facing Our Finitude2. Does God Love . . . Me? Crucified . . . but I Still Live3. Are the Limits of My Body Bad? Praise God for Mary4. Why Does Physical Touch Matter? Images, Trauma, and Embodied Worship5. Is Identity Purely Self-Generated? Understanding the Self in ContextPart 2: Healthy Dependence6. Have We Misunderstood Humility? Joyful Realism7. Do I Have Enough Time? Clocks, Anxiety, and Presence8. Why Doesn't God Just Instantly Change Me? Process, Humanity, and the Spirit's Work 9. Do I Need to Be Part of the Church? Loving the Whole Body10. How Do We Faithfully Live within Our Finitude? Rhythm, Vulnerability, Gratitude, and RestIndexes

"Written with beauty and clarity, You're Only Human is a library of wisdom and virtue, drawing from the best sources, both human and divine, and applying these with grace and skill. This book isn't just about the limits of being human--it's a celebration of being human."

"Two things have been in my thinking lately. First, at the end of his work of creation, the only being without limits is the Creator himself. And second, God's grace moves us not from dependence to independence but from independence to dependence. Spiritual maturity always includes a humble recognition of limits and a willing and joyful life of dependency. So I love this book on limits. Kapic has given us biblical wisdom that is not only profoundly deep and rich but easily consumable and practical. It is humbling to admit your limits, but to do so moves you toward who God designed you to be and the good life he created you to enjoy. With enthusiasm, I will recommend this book to all the pastors and ministry leaders I mentor."

"In today's fast-paced culture, concepts like human limitation and Sabbath rest have fallen out of style. The constant pressure to do more and be better--while considered noble by some--has broken the spirits of many. In this most necessary book, Kelly helps us understand and find relief in the truth that God is God and we are not. Especially for those who have forgotten this and grown tired, I can't recommend You're Only Human highly enough."

"Kelly's book is good news for restless achievers like me who try to float a few feet off the ground in an attempt to get everything done. It's the good news that we are dust and to dust we shall return--a reminder that we are beloved image-bearers who need not waste energy trying to transcend our vulnerability or hide our weakness. The incarnate Jesus, who became fully human, meets us right where we are. I'm already breathing a bit easier after reading this exceptionally honest and hopeful book."

"It is more than a little counterintuitive to suggest that the limits of our human abilities are a blessing. In a culture where the general desire seems to be to overcome one's limits, Kapic slows us down and asks, Could there be benefits in living into our limitations? In so doing, he opens up space for a truly inclusive theological anthropology that is not driven by power, competitiveness, or the desire to overcome our limits. Rather, it emerges from a vision that to be human is to be limited. Recognizing the power of limits is the first step toward realizing that we are who we are, not by our own power, but through the blessing of Jesus. When we realize that, we discover the blessing of being truly human. This book is a hopeful gift."

"What is the original sin but the denial of creatureliness, the attempt to become more than the finite humans God made us to be in order to live joyfully in communion with him, one another, and the rest of creation? Such a denial is literally killing us, burning us out--and destroying families and ministries along the way! But rather than simply telling us what's wrong with this picture, which he does quite aptly, Kelly Kapic offers us something much more compelling and refreshing. He graces us with a mature, winsome, theologically steady, and pastorally gentle invitation to receive with gratitude and rejoice once again in the triune God's good gift of finite creatureliness. This book not only teaches us about our creaturely identity in God's design but also takes us on a journey of transformative healing and restoration in, with, and under the Spirit of Christ."

"Centered in the unchangeable and unshakable truth that our identity is in Christ alone, Kelly Kapic presents a timely word that articulately describes the unique relationship between God the Creator and every human being. In You're Only Human, Kapic once again shares from his own personal journey and at times confronts his own questions in order to reveal the beauty of God's intended rhythm for life in a world that is driven by deadlines, goals, and extremes. He asks hard and searching questions in order to reveal the beauty of God's created order and Christ's peace that passes all understanding."

"This is a book that I needed to read. And there's a good chance that you do, too. . . . You're Only Human is a rich feast for pastors, scholars, and laypersons alike. Kapic is skilled at calibrating his writing in order to reach a wide audience. . . . I would submit that few books published in the last decade are as relevant for nearly every modern Western Christian as You're Only Human, and fewer still are as pastorally sensitive or gracious. The book provides a much-needed reorientation of our self-understanding and calls us to be more truly who we were made to be. Any human would do well to take a week out of their allotted four thousand (give or take) and digest it."

"Notwithstanding the benefits of life hacks and new technologies, perhaps we need a new approach to our limitations. Professor and author Kelly Kapic offers us one. . . . Kapic argues that, rather than kick against our limitations, we should embrace--even leverage--them. . . . [This is] a deep, pastorally sensitive, and at times theologically dense book. . . . As modern technology pushes the boundaries of human possibility, we would do well to remember not only that we are not God, infinite and all-powerful, but also--refreshingly--that we don't have to try to be God."

Antimicrobial peptides and their precursor molecules form a central part of human and mammalian innate immunity. The underlying genes have been thoroughly investigated and compared for a considerable number of species, allowing for phylogenetic characterization. On the phenotypical side, an ever-increasing number of very varied and distinctive influences of antimicrobial peptides on the innate immune system are reported. The basic biophysical understanding of mammalian antimicrobial peptides, however, is still very limited. This is especially unsatisfactory since knowledge of structural properties will greatly help in the understanding of their immunomodulatory functions. The focus of this review article will be on LL-37, the only cathelicidin-derived antimicrobial peptide found in humans. LL-37 is a 37-residue, amphipathic, helical peptide found throughout the body and has been shown to exhibit a broad spectrum of antimicrobial activity. It is expressed in epithelial cells of the testis, skin, the gastrointestinal tract, and the respiratory tract, and in leukocytes such as monocytes, neutrophils, T cells, NK cells, and B cells. It has been found to have additional defensive roles such as regulating the inflammatory response and chemo-attracting cells of the adaptive immune system to wound or infection sites, binding and neutralizing LPS, and promoting re-epthelialization and wound closure. The article aims to report the known biophysical facts, with an emphasis on structural evidence, and to set them into relation with insights gained on phylogenetically related antimicrobial peptides in other species. The multitude of immuno-functional roles is only outlined. We believe that this review will aid the future work on the biophysical, biochemical and immunological investigations of this highly intriguing molecule. 041b061a72